Tuesday, January 5, 2010

unASHAMED

unASHAMED the theme of Generation of Youth for Christ 2009.

Romans 1:16-17 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth, to the Jew first and also the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written. The just shall live by faith.

What exactly does it mean to be unashamed? That as a Christian we are unashamed of the 1. Creative Christ 2. Crucified Christ 3. Coming Christ.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow me. Take up his cross daily- it is all about what God wants for my life.

Being unashamed is a lifestyle. The cross may not make many friends but it will make the best of friends. I talk about a crucified Christ- and I daily take up my cross -- and follow Him.

God is love.
Love is the principle of putting others first.
In order to have love we must have others.
Love cannot exist in a vacuum - which suggests that God is not a rigid singularity but a plurality. Not merely loving but IS love.

As I was heading to baggage claim-- this welcomed me to Louisville :)
The City -- On my venture to purchase Vitamin C supplements.

GYC <3


Baltimore next year! Yay!


Some Friends :)
New Year's Eve Dinner
David Asscherick!
Canvassing - AKA- Spreading the Word
Yes, I fell down someone's driveway- it was the me thing to do.
New Friends :)


In addition to all the ways I was blessed over the new year, thanks to Ty Gibson and David Asscherick I am now in the know regarding the 6 non-negotiables in regards to a relationship. Ty said, "If one of these areas is lacking it's a red flag. Run!"

1. Christ Centeredness -- Same spiritual level
2. Character -- Tip: See how they treat family
3. Compatibility - Read Song of Solomon
4. Communication -- is Key
5. Commitment -- Don't consider someone who keeps an open door. When you manage to make it through problems and life's obstacles you will fall more in love with that person because you will have gotten through it together.
6. Chemisty -- speaks for itself.

**Friendship is the better part of marriage**








No comments:

Post a Comment