Over the past 3 weeks, I've had such an amazing time getting to know (in my opinion) some of the greatest people on earth. No, it isn't Oprah Winfrey, Hilary Clinton, or George Clooney. It is Scott and Heather Bennett!
Ta da!

They were here being missionaries to the great state of Pennsylvania bringing music and ministry together, touching the lives of others! It was absolutely amazing. I was honored that they chose to stay with me, a lowly commoner, who doesn't have dining room chairs around her table yet. :-)
I wasn't kidding

We made the best of all situations and had a blast in the process. Doing everything under the sun from praising God, exercising, Burger King Veggie, House, cooking, traveling, singing, working sound, hiding our wives/husbands/kids, chocolate world, and of course Red Robin. I was only left with the conclusion, Scott and Heather are hands down some of the coolest people I know. I mean let's be honest here, Who guts and remodels a 1984 Coach bus and turns it into a home within a year?!?!? (Not to mention this year was their first year of marriage!) I'll give you one guess and a hint- it's not Oprah Winfrey!
I praise God for friends like these! They are both such an inspiration to my life!
Here are some fun photos of our time together!






Did you ever stop and think about silence? Silence can be really great, or it can be really awkward. On my six mile adventure with Scott and Heather- we were trucking along in silence. Then Scott said, "You have to be really comfortable with someone and know them really well to be able to have long periods of silence take place." I thought, "Man! That's so true!" If two people are just getting to know each other and they are talking on the phone and there is a silent pause of (What do I say now?) it is a little awkward. Ok, a lot awkward. However, if you know the person well, you could walk, sit, stand, jump, or run in silence for long periods of time and not think about it being "awkward". We found out today that we are all very comfortable and know each other really well. I am amazed because I only met them in October of last year. This is the first time we've actually spent time together (hanging out). God sure knows what He is doing when He brings people into your life.
Today, I said goodbye to my friends. I was a little sad at the thought of being all alone in my little apartment, then I thought, "Oh wait! They asked me to come to the Michigan Camp Meeting!" I'm moving up in the world from my former "commoner" status- and I will be in MI for the first weekend of Camp Meeting- (hanging out with the "in-crowd"). Until then my friends!
Love you always and may God be with you on your travels and bless you heavily!
No comments:
Post a Comment