A picture of the proposal moment - I'm very excited that you set the bar high Eric!

After hearing such great news, I immediately got on the phone to call my friend Eric Blair. God, Eric Blair and the crew from Delaware (Erica Dashner, Michelle Schiavo, Jason Konieczny, Hillary Blair, and a few others I'm missing) were the reason that I met Eric Braun at GYC in 2009. I wanted to call Eric Blair and let him know that Eric Braun had proposed! Before I could get the happy news out Eric said, "JMeds, I'm engaged!" Overwhelmed at the news I did a happy dance saying, "This is too good to be true! Praise God!" I then told Eric Blair about Eric Braun. It turns out two wonderful men of God had the same idea for the same day. All of that equals a happy ME!
Eric Blair's now fiancee is Michelle Schiavo, my GirlyQuin/GCube/GQuizzle, for all of you friends out there that are so privileged to know "our language." She has been such a wonderful friend to me for many years. I can't thank God enough for putting her in my life. Oh! I must add, I'm her MOH. Maid of Honor! :-) Let the planning begin!
A picture of Eric Blair's proposal moment!

The question "Marry me?" is so profound. If you think about it, someone picked you, someone wants you, and someone loves you SO much that they are asking you to spend the rest of your life with them! Wow, so powerful! I thank God for each of these couples and for bringing them together in the way that He did. I pray that each day they will grow together and grow with Jesus. Always keeping God as the center point of their marriage. A cord of three is not quickly broken! I hope that when they think back on their wedding day, they remember it as the day they loved each other the least.
Ecclesiastes 4: 9-12: "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken." AMEN!
In other news....
After my trip to Honduras, I was gearing up for my next trip to Ecuador. In November, I accompanied The Children's Heart Group with the Hershey Medical Center to Guayaquil, Ecuador to complete corrective heart surgeries on the kids. This is my second trip with the hospital and was just as big of a blessing as it was last year. I was working night shift during my time there so I don't have as many "Sight-seeing" pictures because I was catching some ZzZz's during the day! :-) This is what I have to share!
A placemat at a restaurant the night before we left...

Beth, Jamie, Judy and I hanging at the restaurant (All surgeries complete!)

Me and Mike

Karen and Barbara! (Be on the look out for more of Barbara)

Dr. Steve - endorses his new product for the MDI (The water bottle Spacer) "MacGyver Medicine"

The "A" Team (Nightshifters)

Barbara eating! Looking much better!

Me and Juan Pablo :-)

After coming back from Ecuador, I spent Thanksgiving with my family, a huge blessing. I had to work during Christmas. I went home on Dec 28th to hang out with my family a little before I packed up and headed off to Florida to celebrate the union of Tristan Bramble and Ariel Ross.
I am so very happy for my friends Tristan and Ariel. As I am writing this they are off "honeymooning" in Costa Rica! I know they will make an awesome team for Jesus and winning souls for the kingdom!
Meet the Bride! Stunning!

The Groomsmen!

Parents of the Groom! Gloria and Vernon!

The Ceremony

And my two great friends I got to hang out with all weekend- What a blessing! Micheal and Melanie Goetz

Until next time.....
Wow, how privileged I am to be featured in your blog! Thanks Jess, for the blog and for your friendship. I love the line where you said, "I hope they look back at their wedding day as the day they loved each other the least." :)
ReplyDeleteLove you! K