Sunday, July 29, 2012

People come, and people go...

           One of the most heart wrenching things about the world we live in, I find, is that we too often have to say the word "Goodbye". While some of you may think it is pretty insignificant, it's not to me. "Goodbye" is so powerful and it often leaves an empty place in my heart. There are many different reasons for having to use the word goodbye. At times one will say it to people that live a world away, while other times one will have to say it to people that live close to home. On the rare occasion people will have to hear it from those they don't want to hear it from. When I think of the pain that the heart endures when they let someone go, I can't help but look forward to heaven. Heaven, a place where the word goodbye will never have to be used again. Where we won't have to keep up with our close friends and family via facebook, twitter, and skype. Don't get me wrong, all of these modern technologies have made things a lot easier but the heart still longs for something different. I can't help but think about all of the people that have come into my life and all of the people that have exited my life. It is forever changing in relation to the different chapters of people's lives. Some are in the chapter of school while others are in the chapter of full-time ministry... The list could go on and on.

            A couple of weeks back I was at a wedding, Karlee and Eric's wedding!

                                   What an awesome team for God these two make :-)



At the wedding, I was blessed to see my good friends Scott and Heather Bennett. I wanted to stop them in their tracks and make them stick around a little bit longer. I only got to see them for about ten minutes. It almost made me feel selfish for wanting them to stay longer! Ten minutes was WAY better than no minutes, for sure! :-) Hugging them goodbye was difficult. When they left a little piece of my heart went along with them. If only they didn't live so far away.


           As most of you know I was in Africa, Kenya and Tanzania to be exact, for most of the month of June. I developed strong, everlasting friendships with the people that I was privileged to work with. What an amazing team they were, and what phenomenal work was done for the Kingdom. Medical Evangelism, Children's Ministry, Adult Ministry, and Door-to-door Evangelism. It was incredible to see the reality of God's hand in everything that took place. Every obstacle was according to His timing and His planning. He revealed Himself to us every step of the way. The miracles that took place left us rendered speechless and in awe of the amazing God that we serve. After my 3 weeks there I was sad to say "goodbye" to people I am blessed to know. The people that I developed lasting friendships with. Eternal friendships. My friend Joanne put it nicely, "Our social network in heaven is going to be awesome!" I couldn't have better stated it myself. I may not see them again on this earth, but I know for sure that I will be seeing them again in the eternal earth. Even so, Come Lord Jesus!


                       Here are some pictures that I have to share! Hope you enjoy! :-)



                                            Me with some kids at the orphanage


                                                                     Esther :-)



                                            Jo, Berenice, and I at the medical clinic



                                                           Seeing peds patients :-)



                                                                 Dynamic Duo!



                                   VBS activity! I loved the kids, they stole my heart!



                                     Learning about how germs spread... with glitter!


house



Daryl and Gerald praying with a family at the clinic!


I hope that you were able to experience some of Africa - Tanzania through these pictures.  It truly was a life changing experience. Praise God for allowing me the capabilities to do His work there! I am blessed!  


He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly."  May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with you until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment