This sermon is moving friends! My friend Micheal hits it out of the park! Praise the Lord! I highly recommend that you take forty minutes of your day to watch it. To be honest, it was so moving it made me cry at the end.
Radicals Come Together: Mission
I was reminded that every day, no matter where we are, we are missionaries. One of the reasons I chose to study anesthesia was to broaden the arena of foreign missions that I could participate in. I haven't been out of the country for over a year. For those of you who know me understand that it is odd that I haven't been over seas in such a long time. My mind is renewed in it's thinking that, in this calling of education in anesthesia, I was placed here for a reason; not just for anesthesia school, but for life in Pittsburgh, and for every person that I will come in contact with during my time here. Until the day comes that I can share Jesus again with the thousands overseas, I'm going to rejoice in the fact that I am able to share Him with thousands here, right at home!
Life in Pittsburgh
Where to start on an update.
I suppose I will start with the biggest news.
I reeled me in a man! Wait, actually, he reeled me in. Hmmm, that's not right either...
God sent a wonderful man into my life.
I have been dating this handsome gent since November 13th, 2015. We became friends back at the end of May, and Terah hasn't missed a beat since. HA! I on the other hand, had some heart ironing to do before finally saying "yes" when he asked me to be his girlfriend (for the third time) in November.
He is a man after God's heart and I am thankful for his patience, and perseverance.
I am blessed by his kind and generous spirit. He is a gentleman of the highest degree. He is encouraging and helpful, not just to me, but to all of the people in his life. I know you can't see it in the picture above but he has a sparkle in his blue eyes. (Maybe it is one only I can see *Wink*) His passion for sharing Jesus is inspiring.
I always find him happy. It works out well when I have my stressful meltdowns! (Grad school really gets ya somedays! Mercy!) His love of life is contagious.
Terah is a farmer from South Dakota. There he farms crop and cattle full time, loving every second of it. My first time visiting the farm was back in August. He was genuinely enthused to take me around and show me all of the happenings on the farm, along with all of the things he does during the day. Truth be told, I loved it too. Farm life is the good life!
Terah is a romantic. A sweet romantic. Upon arrival to Minneapolis airport he presented to me Lilies, my favorite flower, an 8x10 framed collage of pictures he picked out that pertained to us, and a sealed card with my named penned on the front. In the card were beautifully written, profound words and inside the centerfold was scripted, "Jess, will you be my girlfriend?" Overwhelmed with the effort and thought of it all my heart was filled with joyous emotions. Of course I answered "yes" to his question.
Life since then has been full. He was out here for Thanksgiving and we had a blast. I was planning to see him next at GYC, but now he has decided to drive out early and spend Christmas with me! My heart is happy. We are walking as God leads and are excited to see what He has in store next.
Here are some pictures of our time together in South Dakota and over the Thanksgiving Holiday in Pennsylvania.
Life on the Farm - can't wait to get back there!
He took me to the top of the hay bales to watch the sunset.
#RomanticMan
The things he had waiting for me when he picked me up from the airport.
Little romantic planner!
That's my man!
#Winner
Thanksgiving Day 2015!
Longwood Gardens Free Admission
#Win
Went back to Longwood Gardens to see the Christmas Lights!
#TisTheSeason
My man chauffeuring me around!
#LuckyLady
#Sabbathing
Life when you date an anesthesia student...
He let me practice my IV skill on him!
He's a rare gem, I think I'll keep him around!
Got our pictures taken by a good friend of mine - Kara Redding!
I think this picture captures Terah's genuine happiness.
It's the look I see on his face every time I see him.
#LuckyGirl
Like her on Facebook - Kara Marie Photography
Follow her on Instagram - KaraMariePhotography
Until next time friends, keep shining for Jesus!













yay Jess!! So happy for you!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks girl! <3
DeleteSorry we missed him on Thanksgiving - feeling a bit down and out! Our church Christmas program is Dec. 19 - will you be there then? If not, maybe we could go out with the Boyds for a Mexican dinner and we could get to know him better? Let me know!
ReplyDeleteNo worries Mrs. Bolton! I don't think I will be in town on the 19th. I have the Pittsburgh Church play then. I will let you know when we are back in town - then I would definitely love to go out with you and the Boyds! That sounds like so much fun!
Delete