Seeing as how I have months to catch up on, I might as well start with December. Shortly after returning from Ecuador - I was packing my bags and heading for Baltimore, MD for GYC 2010 "No Turning Back." It was every bit as exciting as last year and I am sad to report I didn't take any photos for myself! I did get to catch up with two of my dear friends Micheal and Tristan! It was so great to see them both even if it was only for a short time.
Moving into January- I joined The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training! I am scheduled to run on June 5th, 2011 in San Diego, CA to complete my first 1/2 Marathon.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/cpa/rnr11/jmedori
I've been training up until March, when I started having numerous vomiting episodes and severe abdominal pain. Turns out my gallbladder was inflamed and the ducts were clogged off which was the stem of my pain! On March 18th - I had my gallbladder removed. The way God created the human body is amazing. I don't need my gallbladder. I mean yes, it does have a purpose but once removed the liver takes over the function the gallbladder used to provide! What an AMAZING God we serve! I'm having a touch of soreness - but other than that I was back to running 2 days ago! I suppose I should have cleared that with my doctor first! Whoops!
I'm going to skip right over February because there is nothing spectacular to report.
Somewhere in the past few months I went to NYC with some awesome friends - 2 of which are dating now :-) I'm super excited to report because I introduced them back in October 2010!
The happy couple - taking 30 minutes to decide where to eat dinner :-)
Top of the ROCK
The Rockefeller Center
Top of the Rock -Karlee, Dustin, Eric, and myself!
Another "add on" in the New Year - I started babysitting on the side for some extra cash. This is Ella, Beckett, and Marley! Oh, and the dog - Ruby- on the couch! Some pretty cute kids! <3
Marley
Ella, Beckett and Ruby
I suppose that leaves us with end of March into April! I died my hair dark brown and cut it off (well up to my shoulders)! I felt the need for a little change and that certainly did the trick! I'm a new woman! Sort of...
I won a trip to Chicago - for the NTI Conference - completely paid for by Hershey Medical Center! I'm flying out early to Berrien Springs, MI to visit some good friends I've been missing immensely! I'll save such adventures for my next post - and I promise to take lots of pictures!!
Lastly, My amazing co-workers! My PICU family! <3
Wow, I'm featured in your blog! I feel like a celebrity. I still owe you big time for that introduction!! ;)
ReplyDeleteHa ha oh Karlee!! I love you!!
ReplyDelete