I don't know about you, but I'm always trying to avoid those hills on a run. You know, the ones that make you feel like you're going to halt mid pace? Better yet, if you're a drama queen like myself, they are the ones that put you close to death...
This week I am staying with my old roommate from college - I just got in from a run around her neighborhood and I found myself turning down all of the roads that didn't have the huge inclines.
But why?
What is so good about flat anyway? I don't like having flat tires, flat hair, flat returns, and as an ICU nurse I definitely don't like the flat lines... Beeep!
It got me thinking, life happens on the hills. The hills are an opportunity to prove that you are stronger than you ever thought possible. If you never attempt the climb, you'll never know the thrill of surging down the other side. I have found a lot of comfort in applying this concept to all areas of life, and not just the running life.
As for me, real life has kept me busy, with lots of hills and lots of flat. I've officially made it back from Arizona! What a long trip that was!
At the beginning of May, I spent some time with some awesome kiddos in Haiti!
University of Pennsylvania
Mission Trip
After the Haiti mission, I scheduled an appointment with my hair dresser and lightened things up!
For the duration of the month of May, I signed my self a contract in good ole Hershey, PA. I love working at the hospital there. It's one of my favorite places to be. It also landed me a whole month at the Laugers. Needless to say, I was kept busy and entertained.
Took several bike rides with this young man...
Took some dune buggy rides too...
Dune buggy in the creek...
It's how these Laugers roll...
And took some jeep rides ...
Enjoyed some yummy fruit bars...
AirSoft battles...
Injury prevention...
Afternoon cruising...
Became an ACLS Provider
Participated in the Hershey Color Run
5k
Pre Race with Nurse Misti
Spent some major time with my baby sister...
I love her.
Attended our sister's wedding... (Christina and Jeremy 5/24/2014)
Wedding Guests...
My daddy!
:-)
Before I knew it, June arrived! I started my new contract in Philadelphia, and June 12 packed up and headed out to Michigan Camp Meeting! What a blessing it was to spend time with my dearest friends.
Participted in the Fit for Him 5k
Michigan Camp Meeting
Yours truly ...
Thank you for this photo Scott Bennett!
(There may be a hint of sarcasm going on here...)
I love you anyway! :-)
Cana - 1st female finisher in her age group
Father's Day - 10k
Micheal and Cana
Being silly, taking selfies with this cutie!
I love her.
I was so sad to leave Michigan to head home for work, but I was super happy to head to Pennsylvania Camp Meeting that next weekend!
My dad says I don't leave anytime for grass to grow under my feet. He's right. However, the people on the other side are well worth all the miles traveled.
The Southards - family worship.
Love this family.
Landed myself another cruise on a beautiful afternoon with this dude.
Yes, he just jumped off a rock 50ft above water... Didn't even flinch.
That's my brobie!
Until next time!







No comments:
Post a Comment