In His time, In His time
He makes all things beautiful, in His time
Lord please show me everyday, as you're teaching me Your way
That you do just what you say, In your time
I know that in the past and currently I've struggled/struggle with the concept of waiting, walking by faith, trusting, and patience. It is so easy for me to become distracted developing my own plan for the way things will go in my life. I refuse to 'let go' of the reins for fear that if I 'let go' things won't work out the way I want them to, or the way I believe they should. This is where I am profoundly wrong. Always, not just sometimes, I find that my own plans leave me utterly disappointed or my own plans would have left me permanently disappointed. I often find myself saying, "Lord, if I just trusted you a little bit more," or "Lord, if I only had a little more faith in You, I would have been able to walk by faith not knowing the future and still have been fully confident in it." Even as I type this out I think it is easier to talk about trust, patience, and walking by faith than it is carrying it out in our personal lives. The good news is when we examine our lives or when I examine my life; where I've come from and where I've been, God has turned the things I wanted to do the least into the biggest blessings of my life.
That's just it!
Sometimes, I think we, in our limited human minds, fail to see the big picture. We are fixated on the present and what we want at the current moment. We want what we want and we want it now! We fail to look past our own selfishness to see the endless possibilities and beauty that is awaiting around the corner. We are the product of a society that has been spoiled with instant gratification. If we want something we get it. If we need to fix something we fix it. What happens when we let go of the burdens and anxiety that come along with doing, fixing, worrying, and hand it over to God?
We are flooded with an incredible peace that wasn't there before.
"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."
Isaiah 26:3 NKJV
So, you have a situation that isn't exactly the way you want it to be right now. That's okay. God promises to make ALL things beautiful in His time. The ugliness of the situation you see today will be the beautiful situation you see in the future.
As far as life goes...
I'm in Loma Linda, California. I have been here for a little over a week and I'm overwhelmed with all of the activities and things that are going on in this little town! For those of you who know me, that is no easy feat! In my older years of life, I have become a little more introverted than I used to be. I have actually had to build in some personal "alone" time into my calendar so I can keep up! There has been a bible study every night, I have joined the Advent Hope running club (Chub Club), there is a backpacking trip this weekend, countless outreach opportunities, and tons of people!
Since leaving Central California (Fresno) and Valley Children's Hospital, I have been on a two week break/vacation which has allowed me to become acclimated to the area and all of happenings. I start my next assignment at Children's Hospital of Orange County (PICU) on Monday, June 8. I am excited to get back to work!
I was recently on the east coast at the end of May to attend Megan and Keith's wedding. Megan was my college roommate at Jefferson in Philadelphia. It is a blessing to still have her friendship. I was happy to have been able to attend and be there to show my support for her and Keith at the start of this next chapter of their lives. I just love weddings! In addition to the wedding, I was also home to work at Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital. I fly back every 8 weeks to keep my per diem status there! Call me crazy, but they are the finest PICU team I have ever had the privilege of working with. In September, I will be picking up hours more frequently since I will be living back in Pennsylvania. I cannot begin to tell you all the excitement I have inside surrounding the idea of working with that team again. When I am home, I always wear my HMC badge with pride.
Here in Loma Linda, I am staying with these cool cats (April and Thad) and their beautiful children, Skyla, Briella, and Sterling. I am loving every minute. I praise God for their openness and flexibility! They are truly a blessing.
My sister was recently on vacation in Las Vegas, Nevada. She had my mom's time share moved there for a week. I was able to drive over and hang out with her and a dear old friend (Marie) for a few days. We were able to see the Hoover Dam, and went on the "High Roller" (the huge ferris wheel) that over looks the city. As far as vacation spots go, Vegas isn't really my kind of scene and I have zero desire to go back, however on this occasion it did have one thing to offer, my sister, and it was great spending some time with her.
High Roller
Hoover Dam
It is my hope that it won't be so long from this update to my next... sometimes I'm guilty of letting my blog fall idle.
Until then keep shining for Jesus!





No comments:
Post a Comment